songs of sorrow
no lonely moment is forever
Not all songs are cheerful or full of hope… sometimes those that slice deepest are songs of sorrow and of sadness. Perhaps within their words are the seeds of renewal, or perhaps just knowing that we share the darkness just as we share the light, gives us some comfort when the world feels empty, untrustworthy.
It helps to remember that each of these songs of mine eventually surrendered their lamenting sounds to more joyful voices; no lonely moment is forever.
- resurrection / go slow…once I held those fingers in mine, and they were warm…
- resurrection / if iThese hands were made to fit yours and will never lose their shape…
- Reaching InAnd yet the thought of dancing there makes the leap-
- Conclusionthere wouldn’t have been two misfits, finding happiness in old china.
- discount fareI’ll catch the next one.
- i fearI called out! to the painful, the shadowy in you…
- empty airHe talks to the empty air, sometimes she listens…
- this dingy paneyou see a sight of me that I wouldn’t recognize.
- forgettingYet what else do we do?
- tonight, I am undone…I’ve never wanted hate, but it feels easier, frightened by the size of me…
- torn in halfmemory so fragile, I remember only our smiles.
Mila (Jacob Stetser)
is a writer, photographer,
& anything else that interests him.
- How does it feel, physically, to become awakened?
- How do I keep from absorbing other people’s negative energy?
- a long love letter to the night and those who live there
- Are there ways to banish suffering from this world?
- eternal return
- soledad del que no sabe nada
- spooky action (at a distance)
- so let me in