Today is Valentines’ Day, and I’m feeling such thankfulness for my friends and my loved ones that I can’t help but enjoy the spirit of the day.
Today is Valentines’ Day, and I’m feeling such thankfulness for my friends and my loved ones that I can’t help but enjoy the spirit of the day. I thought I’d sit this one out and watch from the sidelines, but _love and gratitude don’t need a partner+ to do their work.
I’m overflowing with a wonderful feeling of happiness, and a beautiful wish that each and every one of the people in my life have an opportunity to offer their love to the people they cherish, and that each of the people in my life feel deeply loved, feel the warmth and the total happiness of both giving and getting love.
In the spirit of the holiday, here are the love poems I’ve written over the years!
- i wish, for youI wish for you just love and happy things…
- Palimpsest… just long enough / to steal us away …
- Relax……I am reminded to relax by a soft, sleepy voice…
- unfinished“I wrote the first faint line, faint, without substance, pure nonsense,/pure wisdom of someone who knows nothing” pablo neruda
- achethe distance between us cannot be measured in miles
- the first few words…that’s me running through your words, here and there…
- before i sleepI cannot close my eyes / until you have closed yours
- i want to sharei want to share these moments with you…
- james beachyou sang a few bars without your eyes turned back…
- daffodilsI’d sleep…
- Breathinglet us keep time with aging dances, let us find our heaven in a kiss
- across the mileswe’ll both be imagining
- Skipping StonesBeauty is walking back across campus at night…
- an angel’s nameHow else could I make you sound?
- messages in the songs…I imagine what she means to say…
- only thing I knowMaybe there’s a way to meet in the middle, make the changes that we can.
- tiny little insanities“You can’t handle me,” she tells me, and I think I can, to hell with the signs
- the calculus of desireThe problem seems simple enough —
Mila (Jacob Stetser)
is a writer, photographer,
& anything else that interests him.
- How does it feel, physically, to become awakened?
- How do I keep from absorbing other people’s negative energy?
- a long love letter to the night and those who live there
- Are there ways to banish suffering from this world?
- eternal return
- soledad del que no sabe nada
- spooky action (at a distance)
- so let me in